How we work
The Friends of Chandlers Ridge was established in 2006. As our annual income is in excess of £5,000, we are registered with the Charity Commission. Our charity number is 1147163. As a charity we must abide by Charity Commission rules and regulations and we are bound by a governing document referred to as our constitution. You can see our constitution here.
- The Friends committee consists of three Officers: Chair, Treasurer and Secretary.
- We also have two deputies and several ordinary committee members to make up the full committee.
- The Committee meet on a regular basis twice per term in school with our Head Teacher, School Business Manager and a Director from the Governing Body.
- Although minuted, the meetings are informal, short in duration and many ideas are shared, including your ideas and suggestions, how fundraising can fit in with the curriculum and how funds should be raised and spent.
- We also supplement our formal meetings with planning focussed working groups to organise events. These are usually held at the homes of our volunteers.
- We hold an Annual General Meeting at the start of every new academic year.
You can find out more about who’s who in Friends here